Monday, May 16, 2005

In The Air Again


The Bandit in Comox Posted by Hello

After three months and fifteen days of looking up @ the sky, I finally got to be part of it again. Yesterday I started my training @ Pacific Coastal on the Bandeirante. It was a short but nice little trip. We took off out of Vancouver, made a right turn over Richmond, climbed up to 4000' and headed over to Nanaimo. Once there we simulated some emergencies, did a hold, and an approach. After that we headed back to Vancouver. It was a quick hour in the air, but it was fun. Probably the largest difference was the radio. In Northern Manitoba, the airspace I flew around in was mostly uncontrolled. In Vancouver, you have to talk to three different people (four if you count company dispatch) just to get off the ground. ATC is also fairly busy so you want to be on your toes so you hear them call you the first time and they don't have to repeat anything.

Before I go online Thursday I require another hour of training and a ride so it should be a fairly busy week. It's good to be back flying...

1 comment:

Aviatrix said...

Yay, you're back. I missed you.