Sunday, May 22, 2005

The first week


In Comox, waiting to go to Port Hardy Posted by Hello

So, I've finished my first rotation at work. I flew 10.1 hours during three of the last four days. The first trip saw us taking a sched flight up to Comox where my captain and I picked up the plane and waited for some golfers to finish a tournament before taking them up to Port Hardy. We ended up Leaving Comox around 9pm so it was nice and dark by the time we got to Hardy. After Hardy we went back to Vancouver. It was pretty neat to see the city all lit up @ night. I then had one day on-call where I didn't fly @ all. Saturday was my 1st full day of flights. We left 1st thing in the morning to Powell River, came back, did the 12 minute hop over the Gulf Islands to Victoria then back to Vancouver. In the Afternoon we went IFR to Tofino with some tourists looking to go fishing. Finally, we ended the day with one more trip to Victoria. Today I got to go to Williams Lake. Normally the Sched flight would go in a Beech 1900 or the King Air 200 so it's a rare treat for the Bandit to get to go to Williams Lake. It would've been nice if the weather was clear as we could've just gone up the valleys. However, the rainy weather in BC today meant we had to go IFR and we spent most of our time in cloud or on top of it.

No comments: