Thursday, September 15, 2005

Seasons of Change

Anonymous said...

Better than the views in Manitoba, even if you do only fly for half the year.


Well, I've been told that, during my aviation career I can expect to get laid off twice. If this statement holds any truth, I should be heading to the EI office for the final time. When I was hired in the spring by Pacific Coastal I was told that it would only be for the summer, as all the fishing lodges close down in September. As expected, this past week, I received my notice that the summer season was over and my services would no longer be required. I was given the option of being on call if some flying came available, which I would have happily accepted, but I might just be a little busy.

Four days after recieving my lay-off notice, I got a phone call from another company asking if I would like to attend their ground school starting in the beginning of October. It is an F/O position on an aircraft I've never flown, and will be based in Vancouver.

So, with any luck, by mid october I should be taking to the skies in a new aircraft, going to new places, for a new company.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I love it when things "just work out". I've been lucky enough that I've never experienced anything other than things "just working out". Of course, I'm not a commercial pilot but still...

Aviatrix said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm flattered you used my comment as part of your blog. Good luck Shawn, I'm sure that you will do well with your new company.

Anonymous said...

BE20 or B190 by any chance?

Lost Av8r said...

Perhaps

Anonymous said...

just wondering cos a mate based in van is upgrading to the B190 from the BE20

Lost Av8r said...

If it's a King Air 100, he's in groundschool with me. GM by chance?

Anonymous said...

Yeah thats him, small world

Anonymous said...

Neat layout, I like it.

Good luck with the groundschool and new job =)