Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Journey Continues.....

“When you set out on your journey to Ithaca,
pray that the road is long,

full of adventure, full of knowledge.”

Constantine Peter Cavafy


"What a cool job"
I took the above photo while I was logging hour 1002 of my aviation career. It was a gorgeous evening, and I was enroute from York Landing to Thompson in the Bandit. A year and a half, two provinces, three employers, and four aircraft types later, I logged hour 2000 yesterday. Lucky for me, it was another gorgeous day to pass the milestone. A high pressure system lying over BC made for clear skies as I flew a 1900C, Vancouver - Terrace - Smithers in the morning, enjoyed a sunny day in Smithers, and returned Smithers - Terrace - Vancouver in the Evening. Enroute from Terrace to Vancouver, at 23,000 feet, 30 minutes into the flight, I passed the 2000 hour mark. I was blessed one more time with a gorgeous sunset to mark the occasion. 1000 hours later, this job gets cooler every day.....




158 Nautical Miles from TRENA interesection

Some photos of my office in the dark



No comments: